Thursday, October 27, 2011

Since the day you came


Before you came, I was a self-centered person. Whenever I feel sick, I would cancel every plan or meeting or job no matter how important they were. I didn't care. If I suddenly did not want to do something, I would stop doing this immediately without any hesitation. In short, that was me.


However, since the day you came, I realized that I am not living on my own, but for you also. Think. If I want you to be responsible, I must be responsible til the end. If I want you to be generous, I myself must be generous. If I want you to live with love and dream, I myself also have to live that mindset too. This thought really is a milestone in my lifetime. I started to change. Don't worry, I started this new state of life without any force. Just naturally.  And I find it interesting. Really. With some things have been done so far, I see a more useful self in me and this life is more meaningful to live.

Speaking of dream, one of the things I have to complete is the NaNoWriMo Contest which is gonna run in the coming November. I am gonna write like crazy within a month. Can't help feeling excited! Oh, it's gonna happen in next 3 days. So fast, huh!

And here comes the very important part. An AGREEMENT. Which was revolving in my mind for a while. Why? To commit that I keep the pace of writing til the end.

THE MONTH-LONG NOVELIST AGREEMENT AND STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING
I hereby pledge my intent to write a 50,000-word in one month's time. By invoking an absurd, month-long deadline on such an enormous undertaking, I understand that notions of "craft", "brilliance", and "competency" are to be chucked right out the window, where they will remain, ignored, until they are retrieved for the editing process. I understand that I am a talented person, capable of heroic acts of creativity, and I will give myself enough time over the course of the next month to allow my innate gifts to come to the surface, unmolested by self-doubt, self-criticism, and other acts of self-bullying. 
During the month ahead, I realize I will produce clunky dialogue, clichéd characters, and deeply flawed plots. I agree that all of these things will be left in my rough draft., to be corrected and/or excised at a later point. I understand my right to withhold my manuscript from all readers until I deem it completed. I also acknowledge my right as author to substantially inflate both the quality of the rough draft and the rigors of the writing process should such inflation prove useful in garnering me respect and attention, or freedom from participation in onerous household chores. 
I acknowledge that the month-long, 50,000-word deadline I set for myself is absolute and unchangeable, and that any failure to meet the deadline, or any effort on my part to move the deadline once the adventure has begun, will invite well-deserved mockery from friends and family. I also acknowledge that, upon successful completion of the stated noveling objective, I am entitled to a period of gleeful celebration and revelry, the duration and intensity of which may preclude we from participating fully in workplace acitivities for days, if not weeks, afterward. 
 Say, break a leg!


2 comments:

  1. Mom & Dad are huge responsibilities. I think so.
    With your love, I can see you will be a good mother, Cam ah!.

    I really love your contest!. Come on, sweetie girl!.
    :)

    ReplyDelete